Friday, February 13, 2015

Art and Poetry


Another finished painting, and this time, it is just acrylic...no mixed media, no texture, just paint.
And words of course...I love to add words to my art. This one sat on my floor for a week, deciding how much of the poem from David Wagoner called 'Lost' I wanted to add.
Finally decided on just the last lines. I think they are enough.

So far I believe I created more paintings this year than all of last year, that's pretty sad! but it is what it is, and I hope to never get in such a bad slump that I let a year go by without doing the thing I love most in life, Creating.
These are my characters, my whimsical little girls, and this year, they need to come out and play. So that's what I will let them do. Now, on to the next one :-D


 Lost
Stand still.
The trees ahead and the bushes beside you Are not lost.
Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers,
I have made this place around you,
If you leave it you may come back again, saying Here.

No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost. Stand still.
The forest knows Where you are.
You must let it find you.

4 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Both your art and your prose are delightful. Thanks for sharing this beauty on Valentine's Day. Oma Linda

Magic Love Crow said...

My friend, you and I were the same last year ;o) Let's have an amazing 2015 creative year ;o) I love this painting! Very special! And, I love the words! Big Hugs ;o)

Alexandra MacVean said...

This painting is absolutely darling! Oh gosh! I'm so glad I'm getting back to blogging on a regular basis. I've missed my lovely peeps, such as you. Hope you're doing well. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Yes, come back to blogging! I love it so much more! I think it's more personal! Miss you!