Monday, April 22, 2013

My medinilla plant, and some Art


hello fellow bloggers, yes I am still around, and I feel so bad for neglecting my blog! I've wanted to update many times but felt I had nothing really to say. On top of that, I haven't been creating much art lately, in fact, this one above is the second painting in a few months. Just haven't been in the mood.  This winter has felt like the longest one ever, so depressing and dreary. For some reason, the sky has been white, overcast and grey, rather than the clear blue skies I am used to seeing.
No matter, it is almost May, and today was a gorgeous day, so here I am saying hello to my blogging friends. I am so looking forward to the warmer weather arriving.
It gets even harder to create when you want to be outside, but if I can get organized, I'd like to take my art journal outside with some supplies, and just play. I've been reading some of my fave blogs all along, and am happy that I am not the only one who has slowed down on posts, I don't feel so bad now. Hopefully I can at least be more consistent. The secret for me, is to look at this as just an online diary, rather than feel I have to be clever.
Now I would like to show you a gorgeous plant I picked up at a home show called a Medinilla. I believe it is only grown in Ontario right now, and is shipping around North America. This plant is stunning! and after it almost tipping over a couple of times I found the perfect pot. This is definitely a centerpiece among all my plants, and I do have lots, lol!

Click on the pics for a closer look.

Well folks, that's it for now. Next post I will show you some of the journal backgrounds I've done.
thanks for reading!


7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very fun new painting! I like the idea of an blogging diary =) That plant is gorgeous! I used to have lots of plants but I just have a few now.

maddyrose said...

I know what you mean about this seeming like the longest winter ever. For nearly nine months out of each year where I live we have either dark or light gray skies and it is cold and damp or raining. The past couple of days have been sunny for the most part and my mood is lifting too. Seeing the darling painting and the beautiful plant have helped even more. Here's to sunshine and blue skies and many more wonderful paintings.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a gorgeous plant. I'd never heard of it before. Thank you for sharing it. Your new painting is wonderful as ever. Your work is so playful! Glad to have you back in the blogging world - I like the "online diary" outlook. I'll have to adapt that, too.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Chicky ;o) Great to hear from you!! I have missed you! Love your new piece of art! She is stunning! And, I love your new plant! Wow!!!! Beautiful! Can't wait to see your journal pages ;o) Hugs and enjoy blogging, don't see it as a chore! ;o)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Beautiful painting. Glad you got a chance to share it with us!
Wow what a cool plant, never seen it before!

Cameron said...

Betty!!!
So glad to have you check in! You and your art have been missed!
Hope you are able to come back from time to time with new art created whilst enjoying the day :)

Beautiful plant, too!

Willow said...

I love your plant and your art ! Glad you are blogging again. Saw you over at Magic Love Crow and decided to visit. Glad I did :)