Monday, February 13, 2012

A Valentine's Day for all



Love after love

The time will come
When with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.


You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you have ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

Derek Walcott


Happy Valentine's Day!  Not all of us have someone to share it with. I certainly don't.  Doesn't matter.

I came across this perfect poem for today. It's a poem about reuniting with your self and finding the one perfect soul that has always loved you...YOU



10 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Betty ;o) I will be your Valentine ;o)LOL! Beautiful poem my friend! Everything it says is so true! You have to love yourself!! Big Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day ;o)

Jenny said...

Beautiful poem and gorgeous painting Betty... Happy Valentines Day...

Hugs
Jenny x

Sueann said...

Loved this poem and so appropriate. Love your painting too. She looks so sad!!??:
Happy Heart day
Hugging you
SueAnn

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Aaaw, you're sharing it with all of us. :) I love your little lady. Such beautiful eyes. Happy Valentine's day! :)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Happy Valentine's Day Betty! Beautiful post!

Annie Lightbulb said...

Happy valentine Betty! Your painting is gorgeous <3

Theresa MacNaughton said...

This poem was really and truly lovely - and I am so happy that you shared it. I hope that you had a wonderful day doing the things that you love best. :)

ArtSings1946 said...

Oh, how I love this poem. Thank you so much for sharing ... if only we could all truly accept and love ourselves ... it would be heaven on earth.

Happiness to all.

Cameron said...

Hey, sometimes the ones who do have someone to share it with....still don't get to (My Hubby conveniently decided we're too comfortable with eachother to need to celebrate these forced holidays....sheesh!) Can you tell I'm not bitter at all....haha!

I'm all for embracing parts of myself that need nurturing and reconnecting with my forgotten truths....thank you for the reminder :)

....and as always, I love your girls!

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.