Sunday, June 12, 2011

Short Sunday post


  hi friends. I thought I'd show those 2 lilies I mentioned in my last post. The white one is a more traditional one, but I've never seen a deep purple one! Are these called peace lilies? ( thank you Cameron, for correcting me, these are calla lilies, not peace lilies).
  I took the photos when the sun finally came out...however, just in time for the weekend, those damn thick grey clouds moved in. I don't think I have seen a decent weekend in quite a while. It's getting a bit depressing, and I haven't felt very creative lately. Do you ever feel just 'blah' about everything?

The only thing I am excited ( a wee bit at least) about is trying some new raw recipes I've been looking into on Youtube. Today I made a raw pasta with marinara sauce and it was so delicious!
For the pasta you use zuccini, which you use a potato peeler to make into thin strips.
For the marinara sauce you use tomatoes, red bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, olive oil, and a touch of cayenne.  I added avocado too. Since I don't have a processor, I just used my blender to blend all the ingredients. All you do is pour your sauce over top of the zuccini, and you have an easy dish. I also added nutritional yeast for extra flavor.  If you want to see details, check out the video on Youtube.  You will be surprised at how good this is.  I decided that it's time to eat healthier, so I've been searching for easy ideas.  One video led to another, and before I knew it, I have a notebook filled with very healthy and nutritious meals.
If any of you have raw food recipes, feel free to share. I may add some more a bit later, once I have a chance to try them and make them my own.

thanks for reading

12 comments:

Cameron said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blah....makes it hard to feel inspired. But, at least your experimenting in the kitchen....that is a form of creation and may lead you to feeling better soon, I hope! ;P

I believe Peace Lilies are something different than Calla Lilies, but I could be wrong...

I'm sending you a big hug and hopes for brighter days :)
Cam

somewhere on the avenue said...

Never tried a raw food recipe and I will check out You Tube. Lilies are beautiful and they smell divine. We all have Blah days and the rotten weather isn't helping, where has summer gone? xx

Sueann said...

That purple Calla lily is a showstopper for sure!! Wowzers!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Marlene said...

Betty, gorgeous lillies. I have never tried zucchini in place of pasta, but I do love Spagetti squash in place (but it needs to be cooked)

Maggie said...

Those Calla Lilies are beautiful, and I've never seen a purple one before! I have lots of blah days, I think it might be directly linked to the weather. So gloomy, gray and wet!
The raw zucchini pasta and sauce does sound delicious! My only raw food recipe is coleslaw ;^P

Lee Pierce said...

Lilies are beautiful and the purple one is so unique! Not a fan of squash so I eat my zucchini in bread and cookies :D

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Betty ;o) I love the flower pictures! It's raining here again today! Your recipe sounds so yummy! If I have any, I will share with you ;o) Have a wonderful day!

Rosemary said...

Lovely flowers

Unknown said...

Lillies are my favourite flower maybe because my Grandmother was a Lillie, they are so beautiful

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful Calla Lilies, I've also never seen a purple one. Glad you enjoyed your new recipe :)

Anonymous said...

These flowers are so beautiful. Thank you for the raw spaghetti recipe. It sounds awesome. Hubby won't touch it so it will be all for me, me, me. ;-)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I just adore calla lilies. These two are simply gorgeous. Funny, I just watched an interview with someone known as the "Raw Food Witch." You can learn (and find recipes) here:
http://rawfoodswitch.com/
Here's the interview:
http://soulartstudio.com/soul-art-tv/2011/04/creative-spiritual-revolutionary-nathalie-lussier/
The recipe you shared sounds wonderful - and especially nice for hot summer days. Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon! :)