Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mother's love



hi friends, this isn't really a post, but I wanted to share some photos with you. I noticed yesterday a blackbird built her nest in the neighbor's eaves trough! Right over their garage. I saw the tiny babies popping their heads out waiting for mom to come with dinner. Today it was a very hot sunny day, and I saw the mom covering them to keep them safe from the sun. I ran and got my camera, went on the porch and tried to zoom in. Even though my camera is a cheap crappy one, it did a reasonable job, lol!

In this photo you can see one of the babies with his mouth open. I told my dad I thought this was a strange place to build a nest as it has no protection against the elements. We may be getting rain tomorrow, and I really hope the babies are ok. It's a steep roof, and all the rain will be falling down and collecting in the eaves troughs.  Poor little babies :-(

Since this is the first nice weekend in a long time, I will be out enjoying it. I hope you all have a wonderful week end wherever you are.
thanks for reading

18 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Betty, I love this! Thanks so much! The babies will be ok ;o) Let's think positive! Mom will take care of them ;o) Enjoy the sun my friend ;o)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Magic Love Crow is right, if anything happens (rain) the mommy will move them. They are so intelligent and loving.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cameron said...

She's a good, attentive and beautiful Mother Bird....I'm sure she'll do everything in their best interest...

It would be hard not to woory though, seeing them from your place like you so :)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Awwww precious.
I hope the babies will be ok. Maybe they have an inside nest and were just enjoying the summer weather like you lol

Rosemary said...

So cute, birds do make nests in the strangest places...

Isabel said...

Awesome pics!! Poor babies I hope they are ok. Have a great time outside:O) We are having 100 degree weather:O)

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

<3 love her <3

audrey said...

Betty, these photos are so sweet. I believe the little ones will be fine. For some reason many different kinds of birds make nests in spoutings. There must be something about them that they like. Thanks for sharing.
♥ audrey

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Great photos! You can really see them!

readingsully2 said...

Great photos, Pink. :)

Lee Pierce said...

Great shots, Betty! Babies always look to be all mouth :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, what magical photos! Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful moments in nature.

Unknown said...

I have such a soft spot for critters. I hope they are okay too but usually birds build nests in trees so I think they will be fine. :)

Wishing you a splendid day.

Cheers! =D
~Kell Belle

Anonymous said...

Betty, I am super behind on my blog reading and am just now notifying you that I left an award for you on my blog on the June 30, 2011 post. You don't have to do anything with it, just to let you know you brighten my day.;-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

It's crazy that she built her nest there. I bet the babies don't survive if the gutter fills up with rushing rain. The babies don't look old enough to fly away, and there is no way for Mama bird to move them, like a Cat or a Dog would do.
Very sad, indeed. Not the smartest Mama bird, is she? Poor babies.
Hopefully, if any survive they will have learned the important lesson to never to try and raise babies in a rain gutter.

Good captures, though.

~Lisa

Marlene said...

What great pictures. I hope they are okay also. Their mom will protect them.

Kimberly McCormick said...

Love your work it is so, so yummy. Since pink is my favorite color and I am obsessed with anything that glitters, I'm not surprised lol!

Unknown said...

Love is inconditional!
Nice pictures
http://nossasviagenspelobrasil.blogspot.com/