Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Update


Hi folks. Last night we had some  wicked weather  It rained all day, the winds were howling, the trees were bending, it was awesome! Then in the evening it turned to snow.  I love this kind of weather, it makes me stay in, and hopefully, do something productive. I managed to create 3 new owl ACEOs for Easter, and watched a few movies, all of them having to do with horses.

Recently I have found myself loving anything to do with horses.  This isn't new for me, when I was a little girl, I was obsessed with horses.  I would read books about them, and dream about them, but of course, people grow up, and I soon forgot about them.  I live in a small city, so it's not like I would ever have the opportunity to have one. Anyway, seeing them at the Vet college by my workplace, and visiting a farm recently, started me up again.


Now I am on the lookout for books on drawing them. Like I don't have enough to do with art, lol!
I find it hard to focus on one style of art, or one theme. I need to try different things, and I believe some of you fellow artists feel the same way. There is a thrill to trying something new.  I was really happy with the raccoon drawing I did a couple of weeks ago, even though it wasn't perfectly rendered, and I am looking forward to trying my luck at horses. 

Ok, I need to stop reading blogs now, and get back to work. Thanks for reading :-)

13 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Ohhhh, I love that kind of weather as well. But, I have to say...I am ready for Spring. :)

LOVE the artwork. Happy Sunday.

PS Would you be interested in doing Sunday Sketches with me? I'm trying to find ways to get my "creative spark" going again.

Hugs!!

Lisa said...

How adorable!

Yep - right there with you in switching from art form to art form. Everything seems so fascinating!!

Sue said...

We got the howling winds and the rain here just outside of Toronto, but thankfully we did not get anymore snow. Still good weather to stay in! Love the pic of the horse and the artwork.

Jaime Haney said...

We've had soggy rains for the few days here, yuck. I'm ready for warmer weather and sunshine, but then I'll be outside more and not get as much done either.

I know what you mean about not being able to focus, I'm the same way. I've got so many different art supplies and things that I want to try that I couldn't begin to settle on one. Besides, isn't that how you grow, you might just find one that speaks to you so intensely that you find your true calling, right? ha ha at least that's what I tell myself! My favorite quote by my dad is "what if". I kinda live by it.

Sueann said...

We started out with rain too and ended up with 10 inches of snow! Argh!! Can't wait to see what you do with your horses!! Yes I love trying new things. It rocks my world!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Marlene said...

The new owl pic is soooo cute. I too love horses they are magnificent animals. Hope your weather changes soon, it is suppose to be overcast but warm here today.

Erica-Jane said...

Hi, I l-o-v-e your blog! There's nothing like a bit of "weather", I love storms too.
Erica
x

readingsully2 said...

When I lived in Oklahoma as a kid, PInk, I spent a lot of time with horses. My girlfriend's family owned a shetland pony farm. We were there almost every week-end...I was nine or 10. I would love to see you draw some horses. :)

BABY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love to see your art once you are creating your love for horses.
Horses are so beautiful and spiritual.
You are so right about changing and learning new things with art. I don't think we can have to many books on it. Especially if we need to feed our obsession otherwise it will go hungry!

HUGS!

Julie

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Awww love the Easter owls!

If you love horse movies, a few I have seen that were good are "Virginia's Run", "Flicka" (the newest version), "Seabiscuit", and that's all I can think of for now! lol

I am sure horses by you would be great, and even some ponies maybe!

audrey said...

Hi Pink.
Thanks for stopping by my Blog and for becoming a follower. I have been a follower of yours for a long time - I just haven't left any comments in ages.
These little owls are so cute and the raccoon is sweet.
I am a snow lover, but I was ready for Spring this year. It just seemed to be a long, rough winter for everyone.
I look forward to visiting your Blog.
Happy Spring, Pink!! (I love that name).
♥ audrey

apinkdreamer said...

hi! i have just put in frame the wonderful painting you sent me for the owoh! thanks!
in a few days i'm going to have a fantastic givaway on my blog so please join!!!