Monday, December 15, 2008

One of my Favorite Christmas Books





I purchased this book a few years back called 'The house of Wooden Santas' by Kevin Major and I continue to go back to it every year before Christmas. What drew me to this is the absolutely gorgeous Santa carvings thoughout the book. The story revolves around a 9 year old boy called Jesse and his mother who move to a small town. His mother begins to carve wooden Santas with hopes of selling them, but times are tough. The book begins 24 days before Christmas, so it is best to read a chapter a day. I wouldn't call this a children's book, as there is an awful lot of writing! Maybe it is geared toward kids 10 and older, but adults could definitely enjoy. It would be a great book to read to your kids. It is very hard to find but I see that amazon has used ones for 1 penny!!!
plus shipping. If you are looking for a non-traditional Christmas book for the whole family, this is worth looking into.

Here is a Youtube video featuring the carved wooden santas from this book

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Wow, thanks for posting the link to the video--very cool to see them in a new light. I also love this book!

It was nice of you to visit and comment, come back anytime. :)