Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome to my new blog

I finally decided to get this baby running, it's only been, hmmmmm....several months! Of course, now I can't think of anything to say :-0
First off, the point of this blog is to share my art with anyone who is interested in seeing it. I will offer tips, and works in progress (if I remember to photograph them ), as well as hopefully, encouragement.

Lets start with an introduction, I am a self taught artist from Canada who loves not only art, but many crafts as well. If only I had more time I would design my own clothes, try pottery, try knitting again (really want a cool bulky scarf!) embroider cool stuff on my clothes, and even draw my pretty girls on them.

There is so much art in my head, it seems overwhelming at times. I have sketchbooks and scrap pieces of paper lying around with all these ideas for paintings but when it comes to sitting down and doing it, I procrastinate....or I decide to clean the house, or organize, or go out for a bit. I am sure I am not the only one who does this. I do hold a day job, and that is where a lot of my energy ends up. By the time I get home, I feel too drained to do much else other than wander around wasting time. (Come on lottery win!!!!).

I know there are a lot of artists who also have full time jobs, as well as have families to look after, so I understand this is simply an excuse. So the trick is, how to bypass all these excuses, and mental laziness. I just signed up for an online mixed media class with Suziblu, and am looking forward to being surrounded by creative people.


Today me and my younger sis went out and bought tennis and badminton rackets. I can't believe it took us this long to do this. I used to love playing way back in my highschool days, how is it possible to let decades go by before a lightbulb goes off, and you think -Hey, why don't I buy a racket and start playing again?

So if anyone is still reading this, lol...is there something you love to do or used to love, that you can start doing once again? Is there really a reason you can't? I encourage anyone out there, to start a list of what makes you happy, pick one item, and do it!!! Plan to take the first step towards adding more joy to your life.

We only have this one precious life, lets start comitting to making it the best ever! Get out there and play a sport that you love, or just go for a walk, even if it is to the nearest coffee shop. Call up a friend, or take your kids. We get so busy with daily crap that we forget the importance of our health. There is nothing like being out in nature to soothe the mind....
I send blessings to you my friends :-D

No comments: